João Felix (23, Atletico Madrid), who has fallen out with coach Diego Simeone (53, Argentina), is considering a return to Chelsea as an alternative if a move to Barcelona fails to materialize. He has been completely ruled out of Atletico Madrid and needs to find a way out.
British outlet ’90min’ reported on Tuesday (June 30) that “Barcelona is still Felix’s preferred destination, but his agent is in constant contact with Chelsea. Chelsea officials have tried to make a permanent move for Felix, but have backed down at the request of manager Mauricio Pochettino, 51, who wants a new creative and versatile striker.” 토토사이트
It’s been a tough summer for Felix, who has declared Barcelona his “dream club. He’s been on the fringes of Simeone’s tactics and his comments have made him a ghost on the team. The club, the manager, and even the fans are not happy with him, and his future at Atletico Madrid is bleak.
Needing to leave one way or another, Felix has been linked with a move to Barcelona, but the financially strapped club is unlikely to pay his asking price. Saudi Arabia have been in contact with the player, backed by huge funds, but his heart is set on Barcelona.
However, with the transfer window closing and a move to Barcelona still unclear, Felix turned his attention to other options, including Chelsea, where he spent last season on loan. Felix scored four goals in 20 appearances for the Blues.
According to 90min, “Chelsea have seen a move for Michael Oliseh (21-Crystal Palace) fall through and an enquiry for Emile Smith Rowe (23-Arsenal) rejected. They are now considering bringing back Felix, who is said to have enjoyed his time in London.” The club have identified the return of Felix as a last resort after a string of attacks fell through.
However, as previously reported, it is unclear if Pochettino would be in favor of the move. He’s a ‘genius’ type of striker who can make a difference, but he’s tricky to use. On top of that, he’s been in the news for his attitude.
Currently, Felix has been labeled as a problem child in the team. Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cereso (75-Spain) told Spanish outlet La Sexta on April 24: “The situation is very clear. Felix doesn’t want to play for us. It’s another thing if another team wants him.”